Saturday, June 7, 2008

Art walk

A couple of us went to an art walk this weekend. A friend of ours was displaying some abstract art in downtown Phx. I picked out the one I felt had the most going on so we could shoot a picture in front of it. They all have titles. I make up my own name for them. I called this one the grand canyon joins the ocean. Enjoy this, I don't plan to put many pics of myself here.

The art was displayed in a church that was built in 1920. It was really beautiful. There were so many stained glass windows that were amazing. It was difficult to capture them on film.


My friend Thad was reading the prayer books. He is so faithful. :)

I tried to get an upclose shot, because it was amazing the way the windows were made. It was large chunks of glass with clay in between. They varied in thickness and cut. It was really cool. Plus I was trying my hand at abstract photography. I think this would look cool printed.


This was a cool bowl at the front of the church. It had water in it. I am not sure what they do with it. We got to hear an organ concert in the church as well. The guy was around my age I would guess, fit and nice looking. He said he works for ASU during the week and on the weekend plays the organ to keep his fingers limber. I wanted to ask him for his phone number after hearing his performance.

No comments: